Screening criteria that will be used when determining eligibility
Conviction of, imposition of a deferred sentence for, or any plea of guilty or no contest at any time, past or present, or the existence of any pending charges, for:
- Any crime, misdemeanor or felony, involving children as either an accomplice or victim.
- Any crime involving sexual misconduct. This includes, but is not limited to, rape, crimes involving pornography, and enticement of a child.
- Felonies involving violence including, but not limited to, assault, battery, homicide, robbery, kidnapping, manslaughter, stealing and/or domestic violence.
- Any crimes involving a firearm or other weapon.
- Any crime involving the sale, distribution, or intent to distribute illegal drugs or controlled substances in the last
- More than one criminal offense that is drug or alcohol related in the past five years.
False or misleading information on the application can be cause for
disqualification for Mighty Mites coaching.
Mighty Mites reserves the right to require additional screenings, and/or
random screenings, and/or to consider any other pertinent information at any time.
Mighty Mites also reserves the right to deny an application or revoke a coaches "certified coaching card" at any time,
at their sole discretion.
- You can simply notify the background check company that you are withdrawing your application.
- If you disagree with the accuracy of the information and data that has been acquired by the background check company, then you can appeal and challenge that information by communicating with the background check company directly. They will diligently attempt to research or rectify any mistakes that might have occurred during their initial review.
- You can concede that the information is accurate but you would like the Mighty Mites review committee to consider giving you a waiver. The review committee consists of three board members who will discuss and consider making an exception. Their decision will be final. You will need to email an explanation to the review committee as to why you think you should be given a waiver. If you would like to exercise this option and want your determination to be reviewed then please send your email to email@example.com.
Your $35 fee will not be refunded in any of the above options.